Topics Covered Include:
- Mass shootings by the numbers
- Would reducing magazine capacity or banning AR-15s work?
- Do gun-free zones help or hurt?
- Does victim response make a difference?
- What are universal background checks, and would they end mass shootings?
- What about no-fly lists and terror watch lists?
- Knowing the signs
- Creating an emergency operations plan for your school, house of worship or business
- Special security considerations for schools
- Special security considerations for houses of worship
- Using the Run, Hide, Fight Methodology
- When fighting back means using a firearm
- Triage and treating the wounded
- The criteria for gun free zones
- Where do we go from here?
If gunshots rang out in a crowd, what would you do? Uncover this comprehensive blueprint for surviving a mass shooting. Whether you are parents, teachers, a committee from your house of worship, or local business leaders, this course will help to save lives by not only educating you on the real facts about mass shooters (including what factors truly affect the outcome), but by also providing dozens of concrete steps that should be taken, to truly counter this threat.
This course analyzes data gathered from 48 mass shootings that have occurred since Columbine to determine what can be learned from these tragedies, and how following a comprehensive plan can help you to not only avoid becoming a victim, but also eliminate the presence of these shooters once and for all.
Class will run for four hours. We will break approximately every 60 - 90 minutes.
Classroom - Government issued identification, note taking materials, good attitude and an open mind.
Things to Note
Minimum of three (3) students for this class or it may be canceled/rescheduled.